2

Friday 26 July 2013

Define you & Stay true [Part One]

Many of us come from different paths. We may come from a different country, culture, religion and up-bringing. None of us are the same because if that were to be true, then what would the world be like? There would be no spontaneity in meeting various people with a different viewpoint as you. You will never be able to learn from others and share your own opinion because you know that they would be the same. The thing is with the world is that not everyone will be able to like you. As tough as that may sound, it is true. No one in the world can be liked by everyone- and that is why you have to stay true to yourself.

Have you ever had that dying wish to be somebody else that you are not? That enormous pit in your stomach when you are walking around because you have to try and become this kind of person in order to fit in among your peers? You keep trying to become someone else that you hide in this facade, this great mask,- the "artificial" you. Along the course of my life, I've realized that there will be a lot of people that hide behind those closed curtains, afraid to stand for what they believe in and do not really know who they are anymore because they have been hiding for too long.

Well let me tell you something, putting up that kind of facade is tiring. I mean why live in that tiring life when you can be free & be yourself. I used to be afraid of defining me. There were times when I questioned "Who am I?" "What will I do with my life?". I was completely lost because I didn't let myself free. I didn't define my true self. I was used to being with crowds of people that when I was alone, I felt completely empty. I didn't really know what to do. This year, I started to grow up and realize that I don't have to try to become something I'm not because God created me to be unique in his likeness and image. There will be incidents where people will judge & criticize what I do. There will be people who can and will contradict my views and opinions and it may cause me confusion & maybe pain. The world is not a perfect place. You can either be right or learn from your mistakes.

I have learned that as long as I DEFINE what makes me happy & comfortable, that is where I find myself. 

& that is where YOU will find yourself.

P.S. Keep updated in my blog to find more about my journey in defining who I am.








No comments:

Post a Comment