2

Monday 1 February 2016

Week Three and Four: The art of discipline

I have been crazy busy again with assignments and preparation for my placement that I lost track of time (booo!). However, it has been positive as I was able to locate and secure accommodation for my upcoming placement and also got to see my parents over the weekend that just went by.

On the weekend that just gone by I sat in my parent's business meeting talk along with their friends whilst doing my assignment. Occasionally as I was listening to them and watching videos about people who have been successful in the business, I questioned myself on how they were able to achieve this? The stories I have seen and heard were amazing- even beyond realistic. However, for some reason, they were able to achieve their goals and their dreams. I began to observe that these people disciplined themselves. This then formed into positive habits which became their routine and they were successful. They achieved their dreams.

My main goal and aim this year is to finish my undergraduate degree in occupational therapy. My final year has been tough and it is flying by so quickly.
I have to finish my research project within the next two and a half weeks and then prepare for my upcoming final year  placement starting at the end of this month. How am I able to achieve this? Discipline. 

I have to admit that to discipline yourself is no easy task (even blogging every Sunday seems to be a difficult task). We make too many excuses such as ' I have no time' or 'I do not think I can do that' or we try to do something but then we are not consistent or we lose the motivation and quit. 

Just an advice for this week is that do not ever stop dreaming and discipline yourselves every day to achieve that dream. No one can stop you from achieving your personal goals and dreams but yourself.

1) If the dream seems too big, take small baby steps to achieve this. Personally, to achieve my dream of obtaining an undergraduate degree, I wake up every morning at 7am or 8am and do some work ( mostly in the library) and leave weekends as my rest days.  

2) Be consistent
Move from one goal to another in a consistent way. For example, when you have finished one part of your assignment, leave it and move on to another part. You can always review it later. If you have decided to wake up at 7am to go for a jog, be consistent with that time. This will allow your body and your mind to adjust and this will become your habit.

3) Focus on the outcome
Remind yourself why you are achieving this goal. Visualise it. Why is it so important that you achieve this personally. 
Discipline is no easy task and it is difficult so this step is super important.

Have a wonderful week evrybody and watch this space for more blog updates. Keep dreaming and reach your goals. 






No comments:

Post a Comment